KBR (NYSE: KBR) today announced that it has been awarded a $134 million contract by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Europe District to construct the facilities necessary to support Europe’s first land-based ballistic missile defense system at Romania’s Deveselu Air Base.
The Aegis Ashore Missile Defense System, located on a 269-acre site, will make a substantial contribution to provide protection for NATO European territories, including Romania. This will be the world’s first operational Aegis Ashore installation, which is a land-based variant of the Navy’s shipboard Aegis Air and Ballistic Missile Defense System.
Under this contract, KBR will re-locate a four-story radar deckhouse structure from the East Coast of the United States to Romania. In Romania, KBR will build all of the various facilities and infrastructure required to support the Aegis Ashore weapon system including roads, support buildings, communications, security and utilities.
“This award demonstrates KBR’s strong technical and project management capabilities, as well as our proven history of performing large, technically challenging projects around the world,” said Andy Summers, Group President, KBR Infrastructure, Government and Power. “KBR is honored to have been selected to provide support of vital services to the U.S. Department of Defense and we look forward to the successful and safe completion of this project.”KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, power, industrial, civil infrastructure, minerals, government services and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV