(NASDAQ:HBNC) – Horizon Bancorp today announced its unaudited financial results for the three and six-month periods ended June 30, 2013.
- Second quarter 2013 net income rose 15.4% compared to the same period in 2012 to $5.7 million or $.62 diluted earnings per share, the highest quarterly net income in the Company’s history.
- Net income for the first six months of 2013 rose 15.3% compared to the same period in 2012 to $11.0 million or $1.20 diluted earnings per share, the highest first half net income in the Company’s history.
- Net interest income, before provisions for loan losses, for the first six months of 2013 was $32.6 million compared with $26.2 million for the same period of 2012.
- Non-interest income rose 22.3% to $14.3 million for the first six months of 2013 compared with $11.7 million for the same period of 2012.
- Return on average assets was 1.29% for the second quarter of 2013 and 1.25% for the first six months of 2013.
- Return on average common equity was 14.67% for the second quarter of 2013 and 14.31% for the first six months of 2013.
- Total loans increased $27.9 million during the quarter and $120.5 million compared to June 30, 2012 to $1.1 billion at June 30, 2013.
- Commercial loans increased $29.1 million during the quarter and $145.7 million compared to June 30, 2012 to $502.2 million at June 30, 2013, marking the first time in Horizon’s history that commercial loans surpassed the $500 million milestone.
- Tangible book value per share decreased to $14.42 at June 30, 2013, compared to $14.64 and $14.81 at March 31, 2013 and June 30, 2012, respectively, reflecting the decrease in accumulated other comprehensive income and the increase in outstanding shares as a result of the Heartland acquisition.
- Horizon Bank’s capital ratios, including Tier 1 Capital to Average Assets of 8.84% and Total Capital to Risk Weighted Assets of 13.22% as of June 30, 2013, continue to be well above the regulatory standards for well-capitalized banks.
Craig M. Dwight, Chairman and CEO, commented: “Horizon Bancorp’s commitment to identifying and maximizing key revenue opportunities, combined with operational efficiency and productivity, continue to be evident in our earnings growth. Our strategy of generating a balanced revenue stream in a variety of economic scenarios, and the ability to respond to changing conditions, again proved its value.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts