Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBST) today announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013. The Company will host a conference call and webcast today at 5:00 p.m. ET (details below).
Financial Highlights for the Second Quarter of 2013 (unaudited)
- Total net revenues were up 12.2% over the same period in 2012. Q2 2013 total net revenues were $258.8 million compared to $230.6 million in Q2 2012.
- U.S. CUBICIN® (daptomycin for injection) net product revenues increased 13.5% to $227.1 million from $200.2 million in Q2 2012. CUBICIN international revenues were $15.0 million compared to $11.4 million in Q2 2012.
- Non-GAAP adjusted operating income was $51.3 million compared to $71.1 million in the second quarter of 2012. GAAP operating income was $28.1 million compared to $61.5 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share (EPS) was $0.42 compared to $0.56 in the second quarter of 2012. GAAP diluted EPS was $0.23 compared to $0.58 in the second quarter of 2012.
“We made important progress across the company this quarter, highlighted by continued strong top-line growth and advancement of our exciting late-stage pipeline,” said Michael Bonney, CEO of Cubist. “We are pleased to have now secured Fast-Track status from the FDA for ceftolozane/tazobactam in all three of its potential indications, and we look forward to reporting top-line Phase 3 data from the cUTI and cIAI trials later this year. We are making progress against our Building Blocks of Growth goals and continue to enhance our leadership in the acute care environment.”
Second quarter ENTEREG® (alvimopan) net product revenues were $12.4 million, up 27.6% compared to $9.7 million in the second quarter of 2012. Service revenues for the Company’s co-promote of DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) for the second quarter were $3.7 million. This will be the final quarter reflecting the full service fee from Cubist’s agreement with Optimer, which concludes in July.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV