MINOOKA, Ill., July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grainger (NYSE: GWW), the leading broad line supplier of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) products serving businesses and institutions, today hosted a grand opening to celebrate its new distribution center in Minooka, Ill. This one-million-square-foot facility serves as the company's new central stocking distribution center and runs a state-of-the-art automated system. The distribution center helps enable Grainger to deliver products same-day or next-day to its customers nationwide.
"This is Grainger's most technologically advanced distribution center, designed to enhance our ability to get customers what they need, when they need it," said DG Macpherson, senior vice president and president of Global Supply Chain and Corporate Strategy with Grainger. "Grainger is dedicated to helping our customers get the job done, and key aspects of this facility were developed with our customers in mind."
This distribution center is one of the world's largest LEED certified platinum-rated facilities for Commercial Interiors, and includes:
- Approximately 2,200 square-foot solar wall, which uses innovative air and solar capabilities to help reduce energy consumption
- Energy efficient lighting along with motion sensors
- Electric automobile charger stations
- A recycling program initiated to collect cardboard and shrink wrap from operations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts