NEW YORK (The Deal) -- Pinnacle Entertainment's (PNK) $2.8 billion merger, including debt, with Ameristar Casinos (ASCA) received unanimous approval by the Louisiana Gaming Control Board Thursday, July 18.
The final state regulatory approval is now the Missouri Gaming Commission. The license transfer is on the Missouri agenda for its July 24 meeting for presentations and public comment. The commission could also rule at that meeting.
Besides the state gaming agencies, the Federal Trade Commission must also approve the transaction. The companies have been in discussions with the FTC regarding detailed terms and conditions of proposed divestitures and a consent order are expected to be finalized and approved by the FTC by early August.
The FTC had filed an administrative complaint against the merger and pending the consent order resolving the agency's concerns, Pinnacle has extended its deadline for a response to the complaint to July 31. Commitments from lenders for the debt for the merger are due July 29.-- Written by Scott Stuart in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV