SAN DIEGO, July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman (NYSE: NOC) supported homeless veterans by helping to sponsor the 26th annual Veterans Village of San Diego (VVSD) Stand Down July 12-14.
During times of war, "stand down" refers to a period of rest and recovery for combat units away from the battlefield. The three-day community-based VVSD Stand Down is held to assist homeless veterans and their families. The intervention program assists participants with getting back into society, regaining their lives and jobs. This year, VVSD and volunteers supported 829 veterans and their children, a total of 968 participants.
"Northrop Grumman continues to support active military and veterans through organizations such as the Veterans Village of San Diego, the USO and our company program, Operation Impact," said Jim Zortman, sector vice president and site manager, Unmanned Systems Center of Excellence, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems. "It is critical to support these programs to ensure that our nation's heroes receive the care and treatment they deserve. Coming together as a community brings greater awareness to their needs in an effort to provide yearlong support."The first VVSD Stand Down took place in 1988, when volunteers served more than 650 homeless veterans. More than 200 such events now take place annually countrywide. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV