NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- During the Delivering Alpha Conference, fund manager Nelson Peltz announced that he is taking a significant, but undisclosed, position in DuPont (DD). TheStreet's Jim Cramer tells Brittany Umar what he's discovered about Peltz's investments.
Cramer said he did a study on the performance of stocks in which Peltz invested after the news of his position broke.
The results? "Uniformly fabulous." Don't sell the stock, he advised investors. DuPont is a holding in Cramer's charitable trust, Action Alerts Plus.
DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman was recently on CNBC's "Mad Money," hosted by Cramer, and said there are no plans to break up the company. Peltz wants the exact opposite, specifically cutting the paint division loose.Cramer is confident that this won't be the last time we hear from him on the subject. He also said that he doesn't expect DuPont to report a really great quarter on Tuesday, July 23. Still, he continued to stress, "Do not sell this company," citing how hard Peltz pushes to get things done. He pointed out that even with PepsiCo (PEP) making all-time highs, the fund manager said that he still wants it to buy Mondelez (MDLZ) and be broken up. What PEP would get in two years' earnings, Peltz will get in six months, Cramer said, concluding: "Do not bet against Peltz." -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV