Alcoa (NYSE:AA) announced today that Roy Harvey has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer for the Company's Global Primary Products (GPP) business effective immediately. He will focus on the day-to-day operations of Alcoa's 22 aluminum smelters and nine alumina refineries worldwide, as well as bauxite assets in Australia, Brazil, Jamaica, Suriname, Guinea and soon Saudi Arabia. Prior to his promotion, Harvey was GPP Chief Financial Officer. He is a member of Alcoa's Executive Council, the senior leadership team that sets strategic direction for the company.
Succeeding Harvey as GPP CFO is Leigh Ann Fisher, who had been Group Controller for GPP. Fisher will also become a member of the Executive Council.
"Roy has an impressive international track record, leading complex operations in Brazil, Spain and Central America," said Klaus Kleinfeld, Alcoa Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "As an experienced CFO Roy has acute financial expertise and operational insight. And his investor relations background gives him a strong appreciation for the expectations of shareholders, which he has demonstrated by bringing discipline and rigor to operational and financial processes.
"Leigh Ann’s solid foundation in finance, spanning upstream and downstream businesses at Alcoa, will add valuable perspective to our senior leadership team,” Kleinfeld said. “She has made important contributions to our success by driving systemic improvements in financial processes such as forecast accuracy, financial modeling and reporting.”Roy Harvey Harvey became Chief Financial Officer for GPP in 2011. Previously, he served as Director of Investor Relations, serving as Alcoa’s principal contact with investors and financial analysts. Additionally, Harvey was Director of Corporate Treasury, where he was instrumental in developing an extensive enterprise risk management program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV