I get that biotech stocks are in demand but a lot of what you're witnessing today with the IPOs is funds chasing performance. It will be very interesting to see if these new stocks can sustain their outperformance after lock-ups expire and the frenzied buying dies down.
A lot of good biotech companies are taking advantage of this wide-open window to come public. No doubt. But be warned that there are some crappy companies in the mix, too. The good and the bad are jumbled together now and hard to differentiate, but that will change over the next six months to a year.
-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV