BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The Biotech Stock Mailbag is open for business.
I haven't written about Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) lately mainly because there hasn't been much change to the story. I'm as bullish as I've ever been about the efficacy and safety of eteplirsen and the FDA agreeing to an early approval filing. I still believe the FDA's affirmative decision to allow Sarepta to file based on data from the current, small phase II study (when it happens) is tantamount to an approval. The eteplirsen data have strengthened over time. Parents and advocates working on behalf of the Duchenne muscular dystrophy kids have been very effective at lobbying FDA and Congress, pushing for early approval of eteplirsen.
FDA, in turn, has been incredibly responsive, even solicitous, to the DMD community. The agency's top officials -- Margaret Hamburg, Janet Woodcock and Bob Temple -- are all personally involved in the eteplirsen review.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV