3 Real Estate Stocks Dragging The Industry Down
2. As of noon trading, MFA Financial ( MFA) is down $0.10 (-1.2%) to $8.01 on average volume. Thus far, 1.5 million shares of MFA Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $8.00-$8.15 after having opened the day at $8.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.11. MFA Financial, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), invests in residential agency and non-agency mortgage-backed securities (MBS). MFA Financial has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 0.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate MFA Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MFA Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Get the full MFA Financial Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts