Beginning July 22, the day Leap Motion Controllers begin arriving around the world, Leap Motion users will be able to download The New York Times app from Airspace TM Store, Leap Motion’s app store. The Times will be the only branded news app available to Leap Motion users at the time of the product’s launch.
The lightweight app features a continuously updated Top News feed where articles appear in card format. Each card displays the article headline, summary and the primary corresponding image.
The Leap Motion Controller works with OSX 10.7 and 10.8, and Windows 7 and 8, laptops and desktops. The New York Times application will be free to download and will not require a digital subscription for access to content at launch.Users can navigate Top News by moving their hand left and right above the device. Tapping on an article flips the article card over to reveal the full story. Users can scroll up and down using a circular motion and can move from article to article by swiping. To return to Top News, the user shakes their hand. The app also features advertising capabilities that allow brands to connect with New York Times readers using motion-controlled ad units embedded as cards between articles. “Leap Motion’s groundbreaking touch-free technology allows users to navigate and explore New York Times content in a brand new way,” said Denise Warren, executive vice president, Digital Products and Services Group, The New York Times. “This preliminary app is a first step. We look forward to exploring other ways to deliver our world-class journalism to the growing Leap Motion customer base as we continue this ongoing collaboration.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV