LOS ANGELES, July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The series premiere of UNDER THE DOME on CBS (NYSE: CBS), which averaged a live plus same day audience of 13.53 million viewers, has jumped to nearly 20 million viewers (19.85m) with inclusion of 7-Day DVR Playback, Video-on-Demand and online streaming.
Live + 7 DVR playback for the June 24 premiere of UNDER THE DOME added +4.23m viewers (17.76m from 13.53m), +1.6 rating points in adults 25-54 (6.1 from 4.5) and +1.3 rating points in adults 18-49 (4.6 from 3.3) from live plus same day.
Video-on-Demand transactions through the first 22 days delivered an additional 1,605,513 viewers, while 22 days of viewership from online streaming on CBS.com and its multi-channel video partners added 484,542 more viewers.
The nearly 20 million-viewer total does not include viewership from Amazon's Prime Instant Video, which provides exclusive online subscription access to all episodes of UNDER THE DOME four days after the broadcast on CBS. While not reporting specific streaming figures, Amazon says the first episode of UNDER THE DOME was the most-watched TV premiere in the history of the service, and UNDER THE DOME continues to be watched by more customers than any other series on Prime Instant Video."Under The Dome" Premiere Episode Cross-Platform Viewing Live + Same Day 13,530,000 Live+7 Day Lift 4,230,000 VOD 22 Days 1,605,513 Streaming 22 Days 484,542* Total 19,850,055 Source: TV=Nielsen NPM, VOD=Rentrak, Streaming=CBS Interactive Internal Data *Does not include Amazon Prime streaming figures Editor's Note: Television viewing on platforms such as DVR, Video-on-Demand and online streaming continues to grow at a fast pace. In an effort to quantify how much non-linear viewing adds to the live plus same day audience, CBS Research will periodically provide updates on audience trends across these multiple platforms. SOURCE CBS
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV