When it comes to professional networking, there seem to be more questions than answers. Where are the best places to network? With access to experts and industry leaders just a click away, how do you make the strongest career connections? How can you effectively manage all the contacts you’re meeting in-person and online?
This month, Colorado Technical University (CTU), a leading provider of education for career-motivated students, launched the Power of In initiative to provide practical answers and resources for professionals to help establish connections that matter, right away and in the right way.
“Everyone talks about the value of networking to advance in your career or find the right job, but oftentimes people are left to ask how,” explains Gloria Hess, CTU’s vice president of career services. “Through Power of In, we’re handing individuals a networking road map. We provide concrete tactics on how to maximize their networking efforts and give them access to real-world experts, such as Charlene Li.”
The Power of In initiative offers this suite of free resources to help improve your online and in-person networking abilities:
- Through the Power of In contest, professionals and college students nationwide receive an opportunity to engage in a one-on-one conversation with New York Times best-selling author and leadership expert Charlene Li.
- “How-to” videos give step-by-step advice on how to filter through online clutter to develop quality connections; how to organize networking contacts to better maintain relationships; and how to ensure the relationship is mutually beneficial.
- An interactive data map, which shows the breakdown of the CTU student and alumni population across the U.S., enables individuals to easily connect with their peers.
- “Modern Networking: How to Build Professional Connections that Matter” dispels five common myths about networking and shares action steps to build connections online and in-person.
- Notable factoids detail how networking has shaped some of history’s most impressive match-ups, from Ben & Jerry’s to Hewlett-Packard.
- A step-by step-approach on how to find (and keep) a professional mentor educates individuals on getting started, initiating contact and maintaining contact.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts