- Treasury yields are drifting upward as the Federal Reserve Considers tapering their bond purchase programs
- The Federal Open Market Committee is anticipating no Fed Funds rate hikes until the second half of 2015
- The S&P 500 has gotten off to a robust start in the first five months, rising about 15%
- Commerce Trust Company believes equities could see an additional 5 % to 7% growth in 2013. Valuations for the market remain reasonable.
- The housing sector is now well into what appears to be a strong and sustained recovery
- Looking outside the United States, global headwinds persist. The Eurozone is likely to remain the weakest of the developed countries
- Commerce Trust Company projects that U.S. GDP will grow in the range of 2% to 2.5% for 2013, with the unemployment rate declining modestly
- Potential breakout of consumer confidence which has been at lows for nearly four years
The Commerce Trust Company Releases Its Mid-year Outlook
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.