Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Gilead (GILD) as a momo momentum candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Gilead as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GILD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $500.8 million.
- GILD has a PE ratio of 31.9.
- GILD is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- GILD is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- GILD is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- GILD is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- GILD has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.2%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GILD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GILD NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on GILD: Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes human therapeutics for the treatment of life threatening diseases in North America, Europe, and Asia. GILD has a PE ratio of 31.9. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Gilead a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Gilead has been 11.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gilead has a market cap of $87.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 4.2% with 6.61 days to cover. Shares are up 55.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gilead as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 63.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $441.96 million to $722.19 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.87% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 120.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GILD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $672.10 million or 48.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.10%.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about GILD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV