Overall, Verizon reported a 4.7% year-over year increase in consumer revenues from its wireline business. Average revenues per user (ARPU) were up 9.4% to $109.67.
During this morning's conference call, Verizon said it will join rivals T-Mobile (TMUS) and AT&T (T) in providing installment plans to aid subscribers who wish to upgrade their phones more often that once every two years. Verizon's CFO, Fran Shammo announced the new Verizon Edge plan but gave no further details.
Verizon could disclose more at next week's planned press conference in New York - rumored to feature the next generation of Motorola (GOOG) Android models.
--Written by Gary Krakow in New York.>To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV