The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company today elected Ana Botín as a Director of the Company, effective immediately.
The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company today elected Ana Botín as a Director of the Company, effective immediately. (Photo: Business Wire)
Botín, 52, is CEO of Santander UK plc, one of Britain’s leading personal financial services companies and a subsidiary of the Santander Group, the largest bank in the Eurozone.
An internationally recognized leader in the banking industry, Botín has led corporate and investment strategies at JP Morgan in New York, established and headed Santander's International Corporate Banking business in Latin America, and served as the Executive Chairman of Spain’s Banco Español de Crédito, S.A. She also brings internet technology experience, having partnered with internet entrepreneurs in an IT consultancy firm which she grew and sold to Indra, the leading global technology company in Spain.
An active leader in social responsibility and philanthropic work, Botín is the Founder and Vice Chairman of Empresa y Crecimiento Foundation, which finances small- and medium-sized companies in Latin America; Founder and Chairman of the Conocimiento y Desarrollo Foundation, a not-for-profit organization that promotes the contribution of universities to economic and social development; and Founder and Chairman of EmpiezaPorEducar Foundation, the Spanish member of the global “Teach For America” network.“Ana brings an international perspective and a high level of financial expertise to our Company,” said Muhtar Kent, Chairman and CEO, The Coca-Cola Company. “Her knowledge of global macroeconomic issues, experience as an entrepreneur and commitment to sustainable communities will be invaluable as we continue to grow and develop our business around the world.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV