DALLAS, July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Depend ( www.depend.com), the No. 1 brand in incontinence protection, announced at last night's 21st annual ESPY Awards that it's a wrap for the Depend Players Challenge – an online competition and part of The Great American Try On in which pro football stars DeMarcus Ware and Wes Welker showcased their competitive spirit and went head-to-head to earn the most online votes to win the largest of two charitable donations in their names to The V Foundation for Cancer Research. America voted and it's a touchdown for Welker. Kimberly-Clark's Depend brand will donate $50,000 in his name and $25,000 in Ware's name for a combined total donation of $75,000 to The V Foundation to fund prostate cancer research.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/62443-ware-welker-kimberly-clark-depend-players-challenge-75k-to-v-foundation
This marks the second year that Ware and Welker participated in The Great American Try On and that the Depend brand has supported The V Foundation. In 2012, Ware and Welker tried on the Depend Real Fit briefs under their football uniforms to highlight the brief's underwear-like look, fit and feel as well as just how active people can be while wearing them. Since 2012, the Depend brand and Kimberly-Clark have donated $325,000 to The V Foundation.
"Just as I predicted, I crushed DeMarcus in the Depend Players Challenge. America definitely had my back on this one and I appreciate everyone's votes," said Welker. "I'm so honored that Depend will donate $50,000 to The V Foundation on my behalf."The V Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to saving lives by helping to fund critical cancer research, including prostate cancer, a leading cause of bladder control issues in men.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV