LAKE FOREST, Calif., July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: QTWW) announced today that it is encouraging all stockholders to submit their voting instructions promptly for the 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders to be held on July 25, 2013. Stockholders who have not yet voted may still vote in advance of the meeting by Internet, telephone or mail as described below. Stockholders are encouraged to vote by Internet or telephone to ensure their votes are timely received and counted.
Included in the items for discussion at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders is an important proposal to authorize the Board of Directors, without further action of the stockholders, to amend the Company's Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation to implement a reverse stock split of the Company's common stock, $0.02 par value, at a ratio within a range of 1-for-2 to 1-for-5 at any time prior to July 31, 2013.
The Board of Directors believes that maintaining its NASDAQ Capital Market listing is in the best interests of the Company and its stockholders and recommends Stockholders vote FOR the reverse stock split proposal which would increase the market price per share of the Company's common stock and allow the Company to maintain its listing on the NASDAQ Capital Market.
Quantum has engaged The Proxy Advisory Group, LLC, a proxy advisory and solicitation firm, to contact stockholders by telephone to encourage voting. Stockholders that have not already voted may receive calls prior to the meeting from The Proxy Advisory Group on behalf of the Company.VOTING INSTRUCTIONS – SHARES HELD WITH A BROKER:
- Stockholders may cast their vote on the Internet at www.proxyvote.com or by calling the telephone number listed on their Voting Instruction Form. Please use the control number from your Voting Instruction Form and follow the instructions provided.
- Stockholders may sign, date and return their Voting Instruction Form by mail in the envelope provided. If voting by mail, please do so promptly to ensure your proxy instructions are received in time to be represented at the 2013 Annual Meeting.
- Stockholders may contact their brokerage firm for help with casting their vote.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV