NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Housing has been kicking ass, plain and simple. The housing market is what essentially pulled America into the depths of the Great Recession a few years back and it's one of the few that can pull us back out of it.
The thought process is actually rather simple to comprehend. Unlike health care or technology, which require white collar, college educated and (generally) very intellectual people to improve and innovate current products; housing is different.
Let me be clear upfront: I'm not saying tradesmen (and women) are uneducated. They're smart and intellectual people as well, but their skill set is very different and that's okay. Hell, my father's a carpenter. Some of the quickest minds I know belong to people in housing or trades.
But while there might be a half-dozen scientists cooking up a way to create a more efficient assembly line -- many times, effectively eliminating blue collar jobs -- or a faster microchip, there are 50 tradesmen working on tight deadlines to accomplish their goals.Looking immediately over the salesmen, corporate workers and executives in housing -- there are plenty more people involved. First the heavy machinery team gets started on digging up the earth. Then the concrete crew lays the foundation. Carpenters come in to frame the house after that. Then flooring, cabinets, roofing and a slew of other things need to be added before the task is complete. Many times, each one of these jobs are done by a different person or team. So as you can see through a quick breakdown, strong housing sales positively affect many, many people. Keep in mind, real estate agents, mortgage brokers and lenders also get a piece of the action.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV