TROY, Mich., July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR), a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets, recently honored Patrick Gibson with its 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award for Manufacturing Engineering.
Patrick Gibson, senior director, Industrialization and Operations Strategy at Meritor's Troy, Mich., United States headquarters, earned the award for several major accomplishments during 27 years of distinguished leadership, including:
- Leading launch teams that opened Meritor facilities in Forest City, N.C., United States, and Cienega, Mexico
- Leading the Truck division's strategy for manufacturing development and major capital reinvestment projects
- Assisting in the Family of Medium Tactical Vehicle program launch
"Patrick's discipline and long-term manufacturing focus have been instrumental in advancing Meritor's global operations footprint," said Chris Villavarayan, vice president, Global Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management. "He frequently plays a vital role in developing manufacturing strategy, capital reinvestment projects and leading launch teams at various Meritor locations."
The recipient of the 2012 Manufacturing Engineering Lifetime Achievement Award is selected by a committee composed of members from the company's Manufacturing, Industrialization, Supply Chain and Engineering groups. Nominations were submitted in early 2013 for the 2012 fiscal year.Gibson began his career at Meritor in 1986 as an industrial engineer. He has taken on roles of increasing responsibility within the manufacturing and global operations group. His current position supports the truck, off-highway and defense business units. Gibson is a registered professional engineer. He holds a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from the Ohio State University, a master's degree in strategic studies from U.S. Army War College and an MBA from American Military University. Gibson and his family live in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., United States. About Meritor, Inc.Meritor, Inc. is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. With more than a 100-year legacy of providing innovative products that offer superior performance, efficiency and reliability, the company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, specialty and aftermarket customers in more than 70 countries. Meritor is based in Troy, Mich., United States, and is made up of approximately 9,000 diverse employees who apply their knowledge and skills in manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, joint ventures, distribution centers and global offices in 19 countries. Common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MTOR. For important information, visit the company's website at meritor.com. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110330/DE73783LOGO ) SOURCE Meritor, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV