Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Johnson Controls (JCI) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Johnson Controls as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $150.5 million.
- JCI traded 31,382 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:28 AM.
- JCI is up 5.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JCI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on JCI: Johnson Controls, Inc. engages in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. JCI has a PE ratio of 27.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Johnson Controls a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.The average volume for Johnson Controls has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Johnson Controls has a market cap of $25.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.63 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.93 days to cover. Shares are up 21.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Johnson Controls as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, JCI's share price has jumped by 35.73%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.57, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that JCI's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.64, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- JOHNSON CONTROLS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JOHNSON CONTROLS INC reported lower earnings of $1.79 versus $2.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.60 versus $1.79).
- JCI, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $217.00 million or 10.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow JOHNSON CONTROLS INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -28.87%.
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about JCI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV