July 18, 2013
(NYSE: DATA) today announced the general availability of its new cloud-based product, Tableau Online. Tableau Online is a SaaS or hosted version of Tableau Server. It brings the power of rapid-fire business intelligence to the cloud, making analytics easier than ever. People can share, author and edit dashboards and reports with their company, customers and partners in just minutes.
Tableau Online levels the playing field for fast-moving organizations of any size. Now everyone has the ability to explore, analyze and share their corporate data securely and reliably, without requiring IT support or specially trained programmers.
"Tableau Online will allow people to get their analytics up and running in minutes and add users in a few clicks," said
, Chief Development Officer and co-founder of Tableau Software. "It's completely scalable and secure and requires no infrastructure. It's the fastest way to get everyone in your company using powerful analytics to make better decisions today."
Hundreds of customers are already using Tableau Online to share dashboards and data:
- Elite Brands wanted their sales reps to have mobile access to their reports without having to VPN into their private network. "The biggest benefit is to be able to access large amounts of information from anywhere you have web access, specifically on an iPad. This is beneficial to our field sales team when information is needed on the fly," said Greg Sheldon, Chief Information Officer at Elite Brands.
- Hedge Fund Herring Creek Capital bought Tableau Online in March of 2013 and within three weeks had everyone in their small company of 7 up and running with business analytics. They had published and shared dozens of analyses—they had even published a number of data sources so they could share and centrally manage data. "We got our hedge fund up and running with Tableau Online extremely quickly. It's helped enormously with the flow of ideas within the team," said Sandeep Varma, Quantitative Analyst at Herring Creek Capital.
With Tableau Online business intelligence in the cloud, people will be able to:
- Get started fast: Tableau Online is speed-of-thought analytics – now with speed-of-thought deployment. No server software. No hardware to provision. No configuration. Nothing to manage.
- Share dashboards: Users can publish dashboards to Tableau Online with a few clicks and invite others to the site to view and interact with them. A hosted solution is particularly useful when sharing dashboards with customers and partners because the solution is secure but outside a company's firewall.
- Stay secure, by design and by default: Tableau put the highest priority on maintaining the security and privacy of its customers' data.
- Edit data anywhere: Tableau Online is mobile so users can get dashboards in any web browser, iPad or Android Tablet. It's automatically touch-optimized for mobile experiences and no download is required.
- Centralize data: Tableau's Data Server provides a central place to manage data and metadata. Users can publish and share dashboards and others can access that data to create their own analysis. This lets people benefit from work that's already been done to prepare and publish the data.
- Update automatically: Tableau Online can automatically refresh data so users are always working with the latest. Data can be pulled from cloud data sources such as Salesforce.com and Google Analytics, or pushed from inside a firewall to Tableau Online.
- Subscribe: Users get critical information right into their email inbox by subscribing to a workbook. They simply click into the email to go to Tableau Online and interact with the data.
- Start smart and grow: Tableau Online has no minimum number of users and can scale as a company grows. At any point, a company can migrate to Tableau Server to manage it in-house.
In addition to connecting live to partner cloud solutions such as Salesforce.com, Google Analytics, Google BigQuery and Amazon Redshift, Tableau Online already integrates with several other Tableau partners.
Alteryx for Visual Analytics
delivers a single platform that business analysts can use to blend any source, perform predictive analytics and deliver data natively to Tableau Online. SnapLogic's elastic integration platform-as-a-service, Snap for Tableau, enables customers to easily integrate data from more than 150 sources, both on-premise and the cloud, into Tableau Online to facilitate high performance analysis of business relevant data.
To reserve a free trial of Tableau Online, visit
Tableau Software (NYSE:
) helps people see and understand data. Tableau helps anyone quickly analyze, visualize and share information. More than 12,000 customer accounts get rapid results with Tableau in the office and on-the-go. And tens of thousands of people use Tableau Public to share data in their blogs and websites. See how Tableau can help you by downloading the free trial at
Tableau and Tableau Software are trademarks of Tableau Software, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
SOURCE Tableau Software