SEATTLE, July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) today announced the general availability of its new cloud-based product, Tableau Online. Tableau Online is a SaaS or hosted version of Tableau Server. It brings the power of rapid-fire business intelligence to the cloud, making analytics easier than ever. People can share, author and edit dashboards and reports with their company, customers and partners in just minutes.
Tableau Online levels the playing field for fast-moving organizations of any size. Now everyone has the ability to explore, analyze and share their corporate data securely and reliably, without requiring IT support or specially trained programmers.
"Tableau Online will allow people to get their analytics up and running in minutes and add users in a few clicks," said Chris Stolte, Chief Development Officer and co-founder of Tableau Software. "It's completely scalable and secure and requires no infrastructure. It's the fastest way to get everyone in your company using powerful analytics to make better decisions today."Hundreds of customers are already using Tableau Online to share dashboards and data:
- Elite Brands wanted their sales reps to have mobile access to their reports without having to VPN into their private network. "The biggest benefit is to be able to access large amounts of information from anywhere you have web access, specifically on an iPad. This is beneficial to our field sales team when information is needed on the fly," said Greg Sheldon, Chief Information Officer at Elite Brands.
- Hedge Fund Herring Creek Capital bought Tableau Online in March of 2013 and within three weeks had everyone in their small company of 7 up and running with business analytics. They had published and shared dozens of analyses—they had even published a number of data sources so they could share and centrally manage data. "We got our hedge fund up and running with Tableau Online extremely quickly. It's helped enormously with the flow of ideas within the team," said Sandeep Varma, Quantitative Analyst at Herring Creek Capital.
- Get started fast: Tableau Online is speed-of-thought analytics – now with speed-of-thought deployment. No server software. No hardware to provision. No configuration. Nothing to manage.
- Share dashboards: Users can publish dashboards to Tableau Online with a few clicks and invite others to the site to view and interact with them. A hosted solution is particularly useful when sharing dashboards with customers and partners because the solution is secure but outside a company's firewall.
- Stay secure, by design and by default: Tableau put the highest priority on maintaining the security and privacy of its customers' data.
- Edit data anywhere: Tableau Online is mobile so users can get dashboards in any web browser, iPad or Android Tablet. It's automatically touch-optimized for mobile experiences and no download is required.
- Centralize data: Tableau's Data Server provides a central place to manage data and metadata. Users can publish and share dashboards and others can access that data to create their own analysis. This lets people benefit from work that's already been done to prepare and publish the data.
- Update automatically: Tableau Online can automatically refresh data so users are always working with the latest. Data can be pulled from cloud data sources such as Salesforce.com and Google Analytics, or pushed from inside a firewall to Tableau Online.
- Subscribe: Users get critical information right into their email inbox by subscribing to a workbook. They simply click into the email to go to Tableau Online and interact with the data.
- Start smart and grow: Tableau Online has no minimum number of users and can scale as a company grows. At any point, a company can migrate to Tableau Server to manage it in-house.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV