Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO):
- Revenue of $41.3 million, up 5% year-over-year
- Net income of $5.2 million, down 28% year-over-year
- Earnings per share of $0.34, compared to $0.45 in the prior-year period
- Cash flow from operations of $10.0 million
Travelzoo Inc., a global Internet media company, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013, with revenue of $41.3 million, an increase of 5% year-over-year. Operating profit was $7.8 million. Net income was $5.2 million, with earnings per share of $0.34, down from $0.45 in the prior-year period.
"Continued growth in our Travel businesses in North America and Europe drove a solid quarter," said Chris Loughlin, chief executive officer. "Audience engagement reached record levels and we made good progress in social media and mobile. Our earnings were still impacted by our investments into a hotel booking platform, aimed at simplifying our user experience on web and mobile. We plan to introduce the platform later this year."
North AmericaNorth America business segment revenue increased 5% year-over-year to $30.2 million. Operating profit for the second quarter was $5.9 million, or 20% of revenue, down from $7.8 million, or 27% of revenue, in the prior-year period. The decrease in operating profit was a result of increased expenses related to sales force expansion, hotel booking platform development and traffic acquisition. Europe Europe business segment revenue increased 4% year-over-year to $11.1 million. In local currency terms, revenue for the second quarter increased 7% year-over-year. Operating profit was $1.9 million, or 17% of revenue, down from an operating profit of $2.5 million, or 24% of revenue in the prior-year period. Subscribers Travelzoo had a total unduplicated number of subscribers in North America and Europe of 23.0 million as of June 30, 2013, up 4% from June 30, 2012. In North America, total unduplicated number of subscribers was 16.4 million as of June 30, 2013, up 3% from June 30, 2012. In Europe, total unduplicated number of subscribers was 6.6 million as of June 30, 2013, up 8% from June 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV