Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. Reports EPS Of $0.48 And Net Income Of $27.9 Million In The Second Quarter Of 2013 And Declares Dividend Of $0.15 Per Ordinary Share For July, August And September 2013
GEORGE TOWN, Grand Cayman, July 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. ("HLSS" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:HLSS) today reported net income of $27.9 million, or $0.48 per ordinary share, for the second quarter of 2013. Additionally, the Company's Board of Directors today declared monthly dividends of $0.15 per ordinary share for the months of July, August and September 2013.
"Now in its second year of operations, HLSS continues to grow its business and exceed expectations," said Chairman William Erbey. "Despite the recent market turbulence, HLSS enjoyed another quarter of record earnings, low prepayments, stable asset valuations and lower advance financing costs."
"We expect to see meaningful earnings accretion from the addition of the senior secured term loan to our capital structure in June," said President and CEO John Van Vlack. "Earnings accretion from the term loan and the large asset purchase on July 1 supported the Board's decision to increase our dividend to $0.15 per share per month for the third quarter of 2013."Second quarter business performance highlights:
- On May 21, completed the issuance of $375 million two-year and $475 million four-year term notes secured by servicing advance receivables at a weighted average interest spread over LIBOR of 1.04%. Total gross proceeds of $850 million were used to reduce borrowings on variable funding notes.
- On May 21, completed the flow acquisition of mortgage servicing assets related to non-agency mortgage loans with UPB of $10.6 billion from Ocwen Financial Corporation ("Ocwen") (NYSE:OCN) resulting in UPB of $99.9 billion as of June 30, 2013.
- On June 26, received gross proceeds of $325.7 million from the issuance of 14,161,475 ordinary shares including exercise of the underwriters' over-allotment option.
- On June 27, entered into a $350 million seven-year senior secured term loan facility. The facility accrues interest at the rate of one-month LIBOR plus 3.50% with a 1.00% LIBOR floor.
- Earnings included a $0.02 per share benefit from lower than expected amortization resulting from the 12.5% annualized prepayment rate for the second quarter versus the benchmark rate of 13.5%.
- There was no change in servicing asset valuation during the quarter.
- On July 1, 2013, used the proceeds from the issuance of ordinary shares and senior secured term note facility to purchase mortgage servicing assets related to non-agency mortgage loans with UPB of $83.6 billion from Ocwen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV