9. -- Detroit , once the nation's fourth-largest city, filed for a Chapter 9 bankruptcy after out-of-court restructuring efforts failed on Thursday.Detroit's filing is the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.
10. -- Zach Johnson leads after the first day of the British Open in Gullane, Scotland, shooting a five-under par 66. Rafael Cabrera-Bello and Mark O'Meara each shot 67. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts