8. -- Honeywell (HON), the industrial conglomerate, is expected by analysts on Friday to post second-quarter earnings of $1.21 a share on revenue of $9.7 billion.
9. -- Detroit , once the nation's fourth-largest city, filed for a Chapter 9 bankruptcy after out-of-court restructuring efforts failed on Thursday.Detroit's filing is the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.
10. -- Zach Johnson leads after the first day of the British Open in Gullane, Scotland, shooting a five-under par 66. Rafael Cabrera-Bello and Mark O'Meara each shot 67. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV