AJC: Bulgaria Reconfirms Hezbollah Behind 2012 Attack
NEW YORK, July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On the eve of the first anniversary of the terrorist attack in Bulgaria that killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver, AJC welcomed the forthright statement of Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev pointing the finger at Hezbollah for the deadly assault.
Speaking at a press conference in Bulgaria today, Minister Yovchev said that his country stands by its findings that Hezbollah was behind the attack. Indeed, he indicated that additional evidence had become available corroborating the previous government's findings, released in February, that Hezbollah was the mastermind.
"Minister Yovchev's latest remarks could not be more clear, consistent and courageous," said AJC Executive Director David Harris. "Now the ball is in the European Union's court. The group's 28 foreign ministers will be meeting on Monday in Brussels."Will they stand alongside member state Bulgaria, and the countless other countries that have experienced Hezbollah's long reach and deadly aims, and declare it the terrorist organization it so obviously is? The world will be watching. Nothing less than the EU's moral credibility hangs in the balance." SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV