OMAHA, Neb., July 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Student Transportation of America (STA), a subsidiary of Student Transportation Inc. (STI) (TSX:STB) (Nasdaq:STB), along with officials from the Omaha and Millard Public Schools, celebrated delivery of the last of 434 propane-powered buses at its new facility in Omaha today. According to the company, this is the largest single fleet of propane autogas school buses in the United States.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=19946
An open house and ribbon-cutting ceremony were held today at STA's new Omaha South facility at 5402 L Street, Omaha. In addition, STA announced plans to construct a 15,000-square-foot facility in north Omaha."This is a monumental day for our company, for Omaha and the great state of Nebraska," said STI Chairman and CEO Denis J. Gallagher. "We commend the leaders of the Omaha and Millard Public Schools for their commitment to reduce the districts' carbon dioxide emissions by nearly 2.5 million pounds each year. They will serve as model communities in which private enterprise and public education partner to create a world-class, environmentally-friendly transportation system." "I'm pleased about the partnership between Student Transportation, the Omaha Public Schools and Millard Public Schools," said Gov. Dave Heineman. "I am hopeful that there will be long term fuel cost savings that can be re-invested in student academic programs."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV