Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified eBay (EBAY) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified eBay as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EBAY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $394.2 million.
- EBAY is down 3.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EBAY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EBAY NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on EBAY: eBay Inc. provides online platforms, tools, and services to help individuals and merchants in online and mobile commerce and payments in the United States and internationally. EBAY has a PE ratio of 27.4. Currently there are 24 analysts that rate eBay a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.The average volume for eBay has been 9.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. eBay has a market cap of $73.3 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.21 days to cover. Shares are up 11.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates eBay as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 18.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $570.00 million to $677.00 million.
- EBAY's revenue growth trails the industry average of 31.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Although EBAY's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.21 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, EBAY has a quick ratio of 1.81, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 42.80% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EBAY should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full eBay Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about EBAY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV