Mr. Berman continued, “We are making key, targeted moves to align operations, drive productivity and support innovation with the objective of returning the Company to profitability in 2014. We believe that JAKKS, which has now been in business for almost 18 years, will be able to weather the seismic shift that the toy industry is experiencing due in large part to our commitment to growing a segment of our portfolio that combines the power of digital content with physical product, such as our innovative DreamPlay line of toy products. These initiatives should be seen in this strategic context as we continue to reshape our business to improve innovation and product sales and with it our long-term ability to compete in a rapidly changing industry. Coupled with our core, evergreen business, we expect that JAKKS will be able to solidify its position in 2014 and beyond as one of the leading toy companies in the United States.”
The Company currently anticipates net sales for the full year of approximately $620.0 million, with revised loss per share in the range of approximately $56.1 million, or $2.56 per diluted share. The revised guidance represents a reduction from the Company’s previously anticipated full year net sales of approximately $694 million to $700 million and diluted earnings per share in the range of approximately $0.63 to $0.68, excluding financial and legal advisory fees relating to the 2011 unsolicited indication of interest.
DividendThe Company also announced that due to business conditions, it has suspended its quarterly dividend, which it will re-evaluate upon a return to profitability. Restructuring Plan The Company also announced a restructuring plan to commence in the third quarter, which will include the substantial reduction of leased space, employees and other overhead expenses. Despite the projected loss this year, JAKKS is anticipating a return to profitability in the year 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV