SPRINGFIELD, Mass., July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The celebrating had barely concluded yesterday for MGM Springfield's historic referendum win in its bid for the sole Western Massachusetts casino operator's license when the team began the next phase of the campaign for Western Massachusetts.
MGM Resorts and MGM Springfield President Bill Hornbuckle and other senior MGM executives today called municipal leaders in communities around Springfield to share the news of the Springfield referendum victory, which expands the campaign to Western Massachusetts.
Even at an election watch party at the Lyman & Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History on Tuesday night, Chairman and CEO Jim Murren pointed to the future when he addressed a crowd of 300: "When Downtown Springfield comes to life, Western Massachusetts will see a renaissance. And it all begins here tonight."
"We are proud to have Springfield and its residents as our partner in the next phase of this competition," said Hornbuckle. "The selection process and campaign in Springfield strengthened our team and showed us what it will take to make Springfield an even stronger economic engine for the region. We have no doubt that Springfield and MGM together are the best choice for Western Massachusetts."As most people were waking up to the news that Springfield voters approved the MGM Springfield project, MGM executives were already on the phones with Mayors, Town Managers and heads of regional organizations in the surrounding communities. "We are eager to continue this momentum and connect personally with surrounding community leaders who will play an important role in the selection process," said Hornbuckle. "We have taken a comprehensive approach to the design and overall development of this project and have always had regional partnerships and opportunities in mind."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV