Just as Palo Alto is a hub for venture capitalists who like to work near great universities, like Stanford and U.C. Berkeley, and invest in companies throughout California, the more than 100 venture capital firms located in Boston invest in fast-growing tech firms throughout the East Coast. In 2012, Boston received the third highest amount of venture capital investments of any metro region in the U.S.
City National's technology team in Boston will work closely with the existing team in the Bay Area to expand current client relationships and build new ones with established and emerging companies, including venture capital-backed firms and their owners. Sweeney and Demoy will both work out of offices at Lee Munder, one of City National Bank's asset management affiliates, located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA 02116.
(For an image of Sweeney go to: https://www.cnb.com/PublishingImages/william-sweeney.jpg )
(For an image of Demoy go to: https://www.cnb.com/PublishingImages/james-demoy.jpg )About City National City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $27.4 billion in total assets, and provides banking, investment and trust services through 78 offices, including 16 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville and Atlanta. The company and its investment affiliates manage or administer $59.0 billion in client investment assets, including $39.7 billion under direct management. For more information about City National, visit the company's Website at cnb.com.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Debora Vrana, City National Bank, 213.673.7631 Debora.Vrana@cnb.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV