4. As of noon trading, Telefonica ( TEF) is down $0.14 (-1.0%) to $12.80 on heavy volume. Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $12.73-$12.92 after having opened the day at $12.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.94. Telefonica, S.A. provides fixed and mobile communication services primarily in Europe and Latin America. The company offers mobile voice, value added, mobile data and Internet, wholesale, corporate, roaming, fixed wireless, and trunking and paging services, as well as mobile payment solutions. Telefonica has a market cap of $59.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 4.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Telefonica a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Telefonica as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Get the full Telefonica Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts