4. As of noon trading, Microchip Technology ( MCHP) is up $0.42 (1.1%) to $40.03 on average volume. Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Microchip Technology exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $39.57-$40.12 after having opened the day at $39.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.61. Microchip Technology Incorporated engages in developing, manufacturing, and selling semiconductor products for embedded control applications. Microchip Technology has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 20.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Microchip Technology a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Microchip Technology as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Microchip Technology Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts