SEATTLE, July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zillow, Inc. (NASDAQ: Z), the leading real estate and home-related information marketplace, today added mobile color search and match to its growing home improvement business, Zillow® Digs™.
Now, from the Zillow Digs iPad® App, consumers can browse photos of more than 100,000 spaces by color family, select virtual paint chips to find additional photos with those colors and use the app to find real paint colors in stores. The Zillow Digs iPad App is the first home improvement app that allows users to filter photos by color and budget, and view related photos for additional color inspiration.
"Zillow Digs now offers consumers a revolutionary new way to find spaces they love, connect with home improvement professionals who match their style or locate the perfect paint color. Home improvement professionals spend $6 billion annually in advertising[i], and this new feature gives them a new and creative way to reach consumers who are expected to spend nearly $150 billion on home improvement projects this year[ii]," said Spencer Rascoff, Zillow CEO.
Color is an important part of home improvement and is a great way to freshen up a room or add a focal point. From painting walls to tables and chairs, selecting the perfect color to reflect personal style and decor often can be a challenge. Zillow Digs' internally developed color-matching feature teases out the amount of color in a photo and then looks for the most prevalent colors to find virtual paint chips that consumers can use to find real colors available in stores. Now, using the Zillow Digs iPad App, homeowners can get ideas, discover paint colors and make a dream color a reality.Zillow Digs launched just five months ago and since then, home improvement professionals and consumers have contributed more than 49,000 photos to Zillow Digs, representing 236 percent growth since launch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV