Wall Street Webcasting presents exclusive video of Rich Gordon, the highly regarded Fixed Income Market Strategist of Wells Fargo Securities (NYSE: WFC). This week, Gordon discusses the dislocation and repricing of fixed income assets and how that has create opportunities for investors.
Gordon takes a look at the MUNI cross-over trade versus investment grade corporates and how the MUNIs have been hard hit over the last two months. He believe that the underperformance can be traced to the “fragile psyche and lack of discipline” of the retail investors, who seem to make up much of this sector.
Next, Gordon looks at the shorting yield volatility and how volatility shorts have not worked, at all, since May. He doesn’t recall “a similar uptick in Vol without the Fed beginning a rate tighten cycle or somehow blindsiding investors in the middle of one.”
Lastly, higher beta trades should out preform in the next few weeks, according to Gordon. He dissects the Fixed Income Markets and the spread sector performance, as well as spread widening, which “wasn’t caused by a fundamental detrition in the underlying credits.”To hear a complete analyst and a look at the steeping of the credit curves, tune into Wells Fargo Securities’ newest video. Please visit the following link to view the video: http://www.wsw.com/webcast/wav/
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV