In yet another way, Lady Gaga is on top of the latest trends: appearing as pretentious as possible. As if competing with Kanye West's God complex, the Gaga machine promises complete cultural transcendence in language sufficiently inflated to make the most ardent art school graduate gag.
No less than "altering the human experience with social media," the press release promises "a reverse Warholian expedition. ... On this day, [Nov. 11] HAUS of GAGA venges with forte to bring the music industry into a new age, an age where art drives pop, and the artist is once again in control of the 'icon'."
Does "venges with forte" makes her sound a little like Dr. Emilio Lizardo? Or is it just me?
The project will include collaborations with artists and a release event Nov. 10 will feature collaborations with Inez & Vinoodh, Robert Wilson, Marina Abramovic and Jeff Koons.Whether the total album experience will include a pre-release audio stream remains to be seen. Gaga is one of the most popular artists in the world and certainly doesn't need much more than this announcement to build anticipation for her latest effort. But given her need to appear out in front on all aspects of the industry, I would expect some twist on Daft Punk's "leaked"-album-as-a-promo strategy, with all the inherent Twitter drama, sometime in late October. -- Written by Carlton Wilkinson in New York City Follow @CarltonTSC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV