Ellington Financial (NYSE: EFC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 13.30%. No company description available. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.33. The average volume for Ellington Financial has been 260,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ellington Financial has a market cap of $588.8 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 1.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Ellington Financial as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been the company's poor growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ELLINGTON FINANCIAL LLC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ELLINGTON FINANCIAL LLC increased its bottom line by earning $5.32 versus $0.61 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 24.8% in earnings ($4.00 versus $5.32).
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- The gross profit margin for ELLINGTON FINANCIAL LLC is rather high; currently it is at 69.15%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EFC's net profit margin of 219.42% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$26.54 million or 14.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ELLINGTON FINANCIAL LLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -296.58%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, ELLINGTON FINANCIAL LLC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Ellington Financial Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts