4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: GSK, RAI, NGLS, RDS.A
Targa Resources Partners (NYSE: NGLS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.20%. Targa Resources Partners LP provides midstream natural gas, natural gas liquid (NGL), terminaling, and crude oil gathering services in the United States. The company operates in two divisions, Gathering and Processing, and Logistics and Marketing. The company has a P/E ratio of 73.63. The average volume for Targa Resources Partners has been 433,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Targa Resources Partners has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 43.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Targa Resources Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $171.70 million or 17.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.59%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NGLS's share price has jumped by 41.08%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- NGLS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.54%. Regardless of NGLS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.78% trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.40 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, NGLS maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.82, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Targa Resources Partners Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV