Scripps Networks Interactive has promoted Tim Harty to Vice President of Engineering & Distribution Technologies. Previously director of engineering, Harty is responsible for domestic distribution strategies, disaster recovery distribution as well as day-to-day engineering operations. He reports to Mike Donovan, senior vice president, engineering & distribution technologies.
“Tim has proven himself to be a valuable asset in helping guide our domestic distribution strategies,” said Donovan. “He’s a respected leader, admired by his fellow employees, customers and industry peers alike. He embodies the Scripps core values of integrity, compassion and shared responsibility.”
Since joining Scripps in 1999 as an engineering supervisor, Harty has overseen the launch, re-launch, rebrand and integration of numerous services. He has supervised multiple satellite transitions and helped to lead the industry toward MPEG 4 HD broadcasts.
Harty previously worked as chief video specialist for Georgia Power, and as assistant chief engineer at WUPA-TV in Atlanta.Harty is based in Knoxville, TN. About Scripps Networks Interactive Scripps Networks Interactive (NYSE: SNI) is a leading developer of lifestyle-oriented content for television, the Internet and emerging platforms, where on-air programming complements online video, social media areas and e-commerce components on companion Web sites and broadband vertical channels. The company’s lifestyle media portfolio comprises popular lifestyle television and Internet brands HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and country music network Great American Country. Scripps Networks Interactive is based in Knoxville, Tenn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, Atlanta, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Nashville, Tenn. and Chevy Chase, Md.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV