MCLEAN, Va., July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) announced today Robert Granfeldt, Jr. has been named president and publisher of the Montgomery (AL) Advertiser. Granfeldt comes to Montgomery after serving as vice president of digital media at Southern Community Newspapers, Inc.
"Throughout his career, Robert has had a proven track record of sales success. His understanding of the digital consumer, as well as his experience across multiple platforms, makes him the ideal person to lead the Montgomery Advertiser," said Robert Dickey, president of U.S. Community Publishing at Gannett.
Prior to his position with Southern Community Newspapers, Inc., Granfeldt was senior vice president for sales at NewsBank, Inc. He also held several executive positions with Morris Communications, including vice president at Morris DigitalWorks. Granfeldt additionally helped found the website LubbockOnline.com, later becoming director of online services at the Lubbock (TX) Avalanche-Journal. Granfeldt previously worked as marketing manager for circulation at The Florida Times-Union as well.
Granfeldt and his family will be relocating from the Atlanta area to Montgomery.About Gannett Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120103/PH28972LOGO) SOURCE Gannett Co., Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV