Time Warner Inc. Chairman and CEO Jeff Bewkes today announced that John K. Martin will be the next Chief Executive Officer of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. Mr. Martin will become CEO beginning January 1, 2014, succeeding Phil Kent, who will serve as Chairman for a transition period in 2014.
In making the announcement Time Warner Chairman and CEO Jeff Bewkes said: “Phil Kent’s exceptional leadership at Turner has driven much of Time Warner’s recent success. For the past decade, he has expertly guided the Turner networks through a period of rapid change, all the while building on each network’s leading position with viewers and advertisers and forging stronger relationships with distributors. At Phil’s initiation, he and I agreed that now is the right time to announce the next generation of leadership, and I am pleased that he will serve as Chairman.”
Commenting on John Martin, Mr. Bewkes said: “John is one of the most capable and strategically-minded executives I know. As CFO, he led the design and implementation of our financial strategy that has helped Time Warner deliver superior shareholder returns. But he is also a broad and thoughtful business thinker whose inclusive management style and focus on driving the business forward will fit well with the Turner tradition. I have great confidence he will build on the success Phil has achieved to take Turner to even greater heights.”
Since the beginning of 2003, Mr. Kent has led Turner’s delivery of outstanding business results, has guided its continuing evolution as a multi-platform media and technology leader and has formed a first-class team to oversee some of the most valued and respected brands in the world. He will continue in his current capacity as Chairman and CEO until the CEO transition in 2014, at which time he will serve as Turner’s Chairman.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV