Goldman Sachs (GS) ($160.24) reported a beat of 89 cents, earning $3.70 per share. The stock has a buy rating and traded up to $164.30, but when the company warned that a repeat of these results could be problematic, the stock fell to $159.43, making Tuesday a key reversal day. My weekly value level is $159.31, with a monthly risky level at $166.67.
JB Hunt (JBHT) ($75.48) missed EPS estimates by 1 cent, earning 73 cents per share. This sell-rated trucker traded down, but held its 50-day SMA at $73.12. My weekly value level is $72.22, with its July 11 multi-year high at $77.76, and a monthly risky level at $79.03.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) ($90.40) reported a beat of 8 cents, earning $1.48, and the stock traded to a new multi-year high at $91.66 on Tuesday. The day's low was $90.13 on profit-taking on this hold-rated Dow component. My monthly pivot becomes a value level, at $87.52.
Coca Cola (KO) ($40.23) matched EPS estimates, earning 63 cents, but reported weaker-than-expected sales. On Monday, the stock was testing its 50-day SMA at $41.19, but fell to $39.50 on Tuesday, staying above its 200-day SMA at $39.08. The day's low was a test of my weekly value level at $39.60 for this buy-rated consumer staple. My monthly pivot becomes the risky level at $41.29, with the quarterly risky level at $42.46.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV