ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) has been awarded a $173 million performance-based logistics contract to provide support and sustainment services for the LITENING advanced targeting system.
Under the five-year agreement, Northrop Grumman will provide logistics support, technical support to the field, aircrew and maintenance training, depot repairs and other associated services. Northrop Grumman will support the LITENING targeting systems operated by the Air Combat Command, Air Force Reserves, Air National Guard, Marine Corps and Marine Corps Reserves. Northrop Grumman will also provide support services to the Italian and Spanish navies.
"This award continues our 15-year partnership with the Department of Defense in supporting the warfighters who rely on the LITENING system," said Jim Mocarski, vice president of airborne tactical sensors at Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems. "Through this partnership, LITENING has achieved greater than 97 percent availability and more than 650,000 combat flight hours, so warfighters know it will be ready for any mission."LITENING's forward-looking infrared, charged-coupled device, laser imaging sensors, advanced image processing and digital video output provide superior imagery, allowing aircrews to identify and engage targets under a wide range of battlefield conditions. LITENING has been integrated on a wide variety of Coalition aircraft. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV