NEW YORK, July 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. SM (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announces the appointment of nine directors to The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC, and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. Boards. Directors serve a one-year term.
The name and title of directors appointed to the Boards of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. are highlighted below:
- Leonard J. Amoruso, Executive Vice President of KCG Holdings, Inc
- Daniel Bigelow, President and Managing Partner of Monadnock Capital Management L.P
- Michael J. Curran, retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Boston Stock Exchange
- Merit E. Janow, Dean, Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs
- William M. Lyons, retired President and Chief Executive Officer, American Century Companies, Inc.
- John D. Markese, Vice Chairman, American Association of Individual Investors
- A. Douglas Melamed, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Intel Corporation
- Eric W. Noll, Executive Vice President, Transaction Services, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.
- Wendy S. White, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, University of Pennsylvania
About NASDAQ OMX GroupThe inventor of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies and provides transformative technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the U.S. and Europe, we own and operate 23 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 5 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-40 microsecond speeds with 99.99+% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 marketplaces in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to over 3,300 listed companies worth more than $6 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com. Follow us on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/NASDAQ) and Twitter ( www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500) NDAQG
CONTACT: NASDAQ OMX Media Contact Joe Christinat +1.646.441.5121 Joseph.Christinat@NASDAQOMX.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts