DEARBORN, Mich., July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- MyEnergi Lifestyle Retrofit, the Ford-led initiative designed to showcase how a typical American family can affordably move to an energy-efficient lifestyle, concludes after a month of competition and thousands of contest entries
- Winner to take home a 2013 Ford C-MAX Energi along with new Whirlpool brand appliances, SunPower solar system and other products designed for energy-efficient living
- The Sattler family of Parker, Colo., won the nationwide contest on the strength of their commitment to live more sustainably
- Through the MyEnergi Lifestyle retrofit of their home, the Sattlers can expect to see up to a 60 percent reduction in energy costs and a 55 percent reduction in CO 2
The winners of the Ford-led MyEnergi Lifestyle Retrofit contest – designed to showcase how a typical American family can affordably move to an energy-efficient lifestyle – are Lindsay and Ben Sattler of Parker, Colo.
Ben Sattler teaches alternative fuels and home energy efficiency courses to inner-city school children, while Lindsay ensures the Sattlers keep a sustainable home life. As the second winners of a MyEnergi Lifestyle retrofit, the Sattlers will receive a grand prize package enabling them to integrate today's plug-in vehicle technology, smart appliances and solar energy into their home to reduce their electricity bills and carbon emissions. In May, Susan Berry of Ventura, Calif., won a MyEnergi Lifestyle giveaway on the "Katie" show.
"Ford is making yet another American home more energy efficient as part of its global commitment to a better world," says Mike Tinskey, global director of vehicle electrification and infrastructure for Ford. "By combining the latest technologies such as the Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, energy-efficient appliances and renewable energy generation, the Sattler family should see up to a 60 percent reduction in energy costs and a 55 percent reduction in CO 2."Leaders in the home appliance, renewable energy and power management industries – including Eaton, SunPower, Whirlpool, Infineon and Nest Labs – are collaborating with Ford on the initiative. "Winning the MyEnergi Lifestyle Retrofit contest is truly life-changing for us," says Lindsay Sattler. "Now, we have the freedom to bless others with the money we're saving, and more opportunities to live out what my husband teaches to his students." Thousands of families entered the nationwide contest. The Sattlers won on the strength of an essay Lindsay wrote detailing the family's passion for sustainability and what they do to live an energy-efficient lifestyle. "We are always trying to find new ways we can use less energy and save more money to make life a little more enjoyable," Lindsay wrote.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts