NEW YORK ( The Deal) -- NRG Yield Inc., the spinoff from Princeton, N.J., power generator NRG Energy Inc. (NRG), is expected to price its initial public offering at the high end of its $19 to $21 per share range with the 15% shoe option exercised, Tudor Pickering Holt & Co. Securities Inc. wrote in a report Tuesday, July 16. At $21 per share, the implied dividend yield for 2015 is expected to be 7%, or $94 million in distributed cash, the firm said.
The company, whose ticker symbol is expected to be NYLD, is targeted to increase its dividend by 10% to 15% over next five years through NRG Energy asset dropdowns. Compared with the average master limited partnership, NRG Yield has a higher yield, more growth and safer cash flows, with an implied enterprise value-to-Ebitda multiple of 10 versus 8 for NRG.
NRG already is adding to list of assets to capture multiple arbitrage by acquiring a 26-megawatt Guam solar project from Quantum Utility Generation LLC, TPH said. NRG Yield expects to sell up to 19.6 million shares, which could bring in as much as $411 million. NRG announced the IPO in June after filing confidentially with the Securities and Exchange Commission in February. Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman, Sachs & Co. (GS) and Citigroup Inc. (C) are the lead underwriters. Kirkland & Ellis LLP is counseling NRG Yield, while Latham & Watkins LLP is representing the underwriters.
Written by Claire Poole
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV