CHICAGO, July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Textura Corporation (NYSE: TXTR), the leading provider of collaboration solutions for the construction industry, announced today that the Global Construction 2025 report predicts that global construction will grow by more than 70% to reach $15 trillion by 2025. The benchmark global study, sponsored by Textura, was issued by Global Construction Perspectives and Oxford Economics on July 1 st in London, England.
"World construction markets are at a tipping point already with 52% of all construction activity in emerging markets today," said Graham Robinson, Executive Director, Global Construction Perspectives. "We expect to see this increasing to 63% by 2025, with China and India contributing most to growth in emerging markets."
Other findings from the study include:
- Construction globally will increase its share of world output to account for over 13.5% of GDP by 2025
- North America will see the highest growth in developed country regions and is forecast to be almost 40% larger by 2025 than in 2007
- The US has several strong positive drivers for construction growth not shared elsewhere in the developed world, including growth in population, a newly competitive manufacturing sector that points to a strong trend towards 're-shoring' of manufacturing operations and strong growth prospects for firms already producing domestically. This leads to a forecast of a 75% increase in US construction output between 2012 and 2025
- The outlook for Canada also is robust, not only due to its tight trade links with the US, but also due to population growth, continued activity driven by mining and natural resources extraction, and investment in infrastructure
- As extraction capacity moves to the production phase, infrastructure development in Australia is likely to slow overall
- Recovery in Western Europe is forecast to be weak; however the UK construction market is forecast to grow at more than double the average rate to 2025 and come to rival Germany.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV