- We believe less Fed intervention will prove to be a long-term positive for the economy and markets.
- We expect volatile, rotational markets during this mid-cycle phase of the U.S. economic cycle.
- China is facing growing pains that could stoke macro uncertainties, but they have weathered ups and downs before.
- Historically, equity markets have rallied coming out of sideways-moving markets characterized by rising long-term bond yields (as in 1994).
- Equities remain attractive in our view, particularly growth equities. Equity P/Es have typically been highest when long-term interest rates are in the 4-6% range, and the global economy is expanding.
- Income-oriented investors should approach government bonds with caution; high-yield debt, convertibles and dividend growth stocks may be more compelling.
Calamos Releases Quarterly Global Economic Review And Outlook July 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts