NAPERVILLE, Ill. and LONDON, July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Investments ®*, a globally diversified investment management firm, released its quarterly Global Economic Review and Outlook. The outlook provides the firm's views on the current economic environment and discusses factors that may affect the global markets and investing opportunities and risks. Calamos invites you to read the entire July 2013 Global Economic Review and Outlook at www.calamos.com/outlook.
Topics include the following:
- We believe less Fed intervention will prove to be a long-term positive for the economy and markets.
- We expect volatile, rotational markets during this mid-cycle phase of the U.S. economic cycle.
- China is facing growing pains that could stoke macro uncertainties, but they have weathered ups and downs before.
- Historically, equity markets have rallied coming out of sideways-moving markets characterized by rising long-term bond yields (as in 1994).
- Equities remain attractive in our view, particularly growth equities. Equity P/Es have typically been highest when long-term interest rates are in the 4-6% range, and the global economy is expanding.
- Income-oriented investors should approach government bonds with caution; high-yield debt, convertibles and dividend growth stocks may be more compelling.
Calamos Investments ® is a diversified global investment firm offering innovative investment strategies including equity, fixed income, convertible and alternative investments, among others. The firm offers strategies through separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, closed-end funds, private funds and UCITS funds. Clients include major corporations, pension funds, endowments, foundations and individuals. Headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area, the firm also has offices in London and New York.For more information, please visit www.calamos.com. This material is distributed for informational purposes only. The opinions referenced are as of the date of publication and are subject to change due to changes in the market or economic conditions and may not necessarily come to pass. Information contained herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice.